28. Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Me gusta mucho Oscar Wilde. Es uno de mis desfachatados favoritos. Hay algo en su manera de ver el mundo con la que no puedo evitar sentirme identificada, por ejemplo:

Sobre la vida:1. Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. Habría que preguntárles a los púberes de ahora si les llegó el memo.2. Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. La próxima vez que me salgan con que nopuedo hacer las cosas ami manera taaaan voy a citarlo.3. Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are.
4. Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike. Damn!! Hay un montón de gente allá afuera a la que no le gusto ni tantito, de amoral no me bajan.
5. There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love. TAN cierto.
6. The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast. MÁS cierto. Incluyéndome.7. To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect. Remoderna yo.
Sobre la gente:
8. Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. No se hagan, todos conocemos a una persona así. Puede que sea yo.9. Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both. Y nunca aprendemos la lección del todo.10. Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. Espero no llegar a eso nunca.
11. Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. *plop*12. Women are made to be loved, not understood. ¿Me puse muy girl power? Dependiendo cómo lo vea, esto a veces me suena muy machista o muy feminista. Hoy me suena feminista.13. The world is divided into two classes, those who believe the incredible, and those who do the improbable. No es del todo cierto pero puede resultar inspiradora la frasesita.
14. The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything. Y con esto señores y señoras yo justifico mi paranoia creciente.15. There are many things that we would throw away if we were not afraid that others might pick them up. ¿Por qué creen que todos tenemos un cuarto de tiliches?
Sobre la amistad:
16. Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one. Amén
17. True friends stab you in the front. Doblemente amén.
Siempre me río con esto:
18. To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.
19. Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
20. When the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers.
21. I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. ¿a poco no?
Mis constant reminders personales:
22. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
23. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Y por último, el hombre salió con una serie de frases que me gustaría saber cuál sería el lugar y momento apropiados para decirlas. Históricamente tengo muy mal timeing:
24. This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. ¿En una neurocirugía?¿En el chequeo médico anual? ¿Después de que suena la alarma de tu casa?¿cuando te llama el jefe a la oficina? Nunca puedo pensar en buenos ejemplos.25. I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead. ¿En una convención de PETA? Hace mucho que nadie me trata de convencer de las maravillas de no ser carnívora.26. I am not young enough to know everything. ¿cuando mi abuelito me salga con que creo que lo sé todo?27. If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life. ¿cuando el amor de mi vida se tenga que unir a la legión extranjera?¿viaje al espacio a salvarnos de los aliens?¿se vaya de mojado a pescar cangrejos en Alaska?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie-star sadness

De guapos y futbol